Policies and Forms


Select a category from the list below or scroll to browse frequently asked questions.



Construction | Renovation

Q: If I am moved due to renovation/demolition, how much notice will be given prior to the move?
A: All efforts will be made to provide as much notice as possible; however, you will be given a minimum of 75 days notice.
Q: If I am moved due to renovation/demolition, will I have to clean my home?
A: The home must be clean from a health and safety perspective and the appliances must be fully cleaned; however, the standards of cleanliness will be less than for a unit that is occupied. You will be provided those standards by the Management Office.


Q: If I currently live in housing on base, do you need any additional information from me regarding my deployment?
A: Yes. Please leave a point of contact for Rear Detachment with us in case we need to contact you regarding your allotment.
Q: What if I am a single parent and I am deployed? Can I appoint someone to occupy my home to take care of my children?
A: Yes. We do need documentation in your file regarding this. We will need an Exception to Occupancy document filled out with point of contact information, a copy of the Special Power of Attorney as well as the paperwork showing you've given temporary guardianship of your child/children to your appointee.
Q: What if I am deployed and my family wants to visit relatives for an extended period of time?
A: We will need the spouse to come into our office and fill out our Point of Contact form. This lists phone numbers where the spouse can be reached, as well as who may be contacted in the area if an emergency exists. A key may be left at the Community Management Office, in a sealed envelope for emergency purposes. Your BAH allotment must stay with the property management company. You will still be held responsible for cutting the grass in a fenced in yard, or designate someone to do it for you.
Q: What do I do if my allotment for BAH has stopped for any reason during my deployment?
A: Unless you've properly cleared your quarters, the allotment will automatically start back up the next month, however, your past due rent for the month in which we have missed your allotment would be due immediately. Your spouse may come into our office to pay this directly. Please contact our office, or have Rear Detachment contact our office, if this occurs. If this becomes a reoccurring situation, and the property management company is not contacted we may conclude that your home has been abandoned and contact your unit to clear it.
Q: What if I decide to move off base before/during my deployment?
A: We require written documentation of your deployment status stating you are deployed for more than 90 days, as well as a 30-day written notice to vacate. The spouse will also need a Power of Attorney to clear, if the Service Member is not present.


Q: What if I receive orders to PCS or TDY for more than thirty days and want to break my lease?
A: The lease contains provisions that will allow you to break your lease with thirty (30) days notice and copy of the orders.
Q: What if I receive immediate orders to PCS or TDY and am not able to provide thirty (30) days notice but wish to break my lease?
A: The lease allows you the flexibility to provide a shorter notice if you should receive immediate orders. Proper documentation is required in order to honor the notice reduction.
Q: Do I have to sign a lease?
A: Yes, all residents will be required to sign a lease in order to protect themselves as well as the partnership.
Q: What if I decide to "break" my lease for other reasons, prior to the one year expiration?
A: You will be required to provide a thirty days month notice and pay a lease termination fee equal to one month rent/BAH.
Q: What is the length of the lease?
A: The lease is for one year and then continues month-to-month.
Q: What happens if a divorce occurs in a family residing in Housing?
A: The first day that the service member resides away from the home, a thirty (30) day written notice must be submitted. The spouse and the family will be required to vacate the home within thirty (30) days of physical separation. Lease termination fees may apply.
Q: How will I sign the lease if the military member is deployed?
A: Only a military sponsor can sign a lease; therefore you may provide a special or general power of attorney permitting your spouse to sign the lease in your absence. If you are unable to do that, please contact the Community Management Office for further assistance.
Q: What is the Resident Rewards program?
A: Current residents who sign a lease at another military installation managed by Balfour Beatty Communities  will receive a credit. Additional savings may apply. Contact your Management office for details.


Q: Who provides maintenance for my home?
A: Balfour Beatty Communities is responsible for maintenance services.
Q: How do we make a maintenance request?
A: If you require routine maintenance, you may submit your request online through the Resident Portal or by contacting our Service Request desk. Emergency maintenance issues should not be submitted online. Please notify us of your urgent need by using our Emergency maintenance phone number. For more information on service type and contact information, visit the Service Request page.
Q: Will I have to mow my own lawn?
A: Balfour Beatty Communities will mow all grass except for fenced in yards. Residents will only be required to mow inside their fenced back yeards.
Q: Is there a Self-Help program?
A: Yes. While Maintenance professionals are available for general home service and repairs, we do offer a Self-Help program where residents can obtain basic home and garden maintenance supplies at no cost to our residents. For more information, visit our Support & Assistance page.


Q: If both spouses are Service Members, do they both "forfeit" BAH rent?
A: Dual military will pay rent equal to the "with dependents" BAH of the higher ranking spouse.
Q: What does my rent include?
A: Your rent will include your electric, gas, water, sewer, and fuel oil for heat. If your home is metered for gas and electric, refer to the Utilities section to see how this impacts your BAH.

As a resident of Balfour Beatty Communities, residents have access to our LifeWorks program which provides year-round activities and events at no additional cost. For more information on this program visit the LifeWorks page.
Q: If my rent is late, do I need to pay a late fee?
A: Yes. The late fee for rent and all other charges that are not paid by the 5th of each month is $25.
Q: How much is my rent?
A: The amount of your rent is equal to the BAH at the with dependent rate for your rank. Each year the DoD obtains data from multiple sources such as current residential vacancies and rental listings in the market area. The DoD along with the Services conducts on-site evaluations at various locations to confirm and ensure reliability and accuracy of the cost data.
Q: Will I have to pay utilities for my home?
A: As part of a DoD initiative, new and renovated homes will be equipped with electric and gas meters. Once all homes in a neighborhood are metered, consumption and costs will be tracked for one year period (mock billing). An average consumption will be determined for each type of unit in each neighborhood and this will be established as the initial utility allowance baseline. The top 10% and bottom 10% are excluded from this calculation. For more information on this program and how you can be rewarded for conserving, visit the Utilities page.
Q: How do changes in my rank affect my rent?
A: The rent will increase for a promotion and decrease for a demotion. The rental amount is always the amount of the BAH. It is your responsibility to notify the Community Management Office within five (5) days of any promotions or demotions.
Q: What is the eviction policy?
A: Residents may be evicted for non-payment, egregious acts, or failure to follow Community policies. The Command will always be involved in all eviction proceedings.
Q: Will rent be prorated if I move out other than the last day of the month?
A: The month will be divided into 30 equal periods, despite the number of days in any given month. The rent will be assessed only for the days that you lived in housing.
Q: Will BAH impact the WIC Program?
A: No. BAH is not counted as income when calculating eligibility for this nutritional program. Contact your local State Program for information on eligibility for this program.
Q: Will BAH impact the Free Lunch Program?
A: Contact your local State Program for information on eligibility for this program.